Sunday 24 March 2013

Runner's Knee


So, it looks like I have an injury....

It manifested itself towards the end of one of my toughest runs to date.  Tough, not because of the distance, but because of the WIND!

The plan had been to run at least 8 miles this morning, as I need to get training for the Scunthorpe Half marathon at the end of April (http://www.northlincshalf.co.uk/).    I was feeling good, despite the weather, and managed fine on the crunchy snow that hadn't yet thawed on the canal path.  I coped (just about) with the 2 head winds I ran in slow motion into!  When I finally reached the relative safety of my village, I started a 'limpy run' because my outer knee was hurting so much.  I cut dead my plans of an 8 miler and settled for 6.5 instead, and home!


My knee has niggled the past few runs, but it has made it clear - it won't be ignored anymore! I consulted Dr Google and found this information on knee injury:  http://therunningbug.co.uk/training/injury/b/weblog/archive/2012/03/21/knee-pain-identifying-and-treating-knee-pain-in-runners.aspx


Hopefully, with a bit of rest, stretching and massage, this 'Runner's Knee' will pass and I can continue training for my first 13.2!





No comments:

Post a Comment